The PMAY – Housing For All scheme, aims to provide a place to reside for millions of urban poor. Having set a deadline for 2022, the government has identified over 2,508 cities and towns across 26 states in the country and is going to build over 2 million houses. Last date to Apply for LIG and EWS Category is 31 March 2022. For MIG(I and II) Category to apply for PMAY scheme the Last date was on 31 March 2019. Pradhan mantri awas yojana eligibility
How Can One Apply for a House Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojan
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has set up a simple yet process which allows people to apply for a house under the scheme. The form basically has two pages and requires a person to fill all key details about themselves. Here’s a page-to-page brief on what each of the pages looks like:
Page 1: “Enter Aadhaar Number”. Once the Aadhaar number is verified, the application proceeds to the next page. The government uses an Aadhaar number to ensure that an individual applies for the scheme and doesn’t defraud the system.
Page 2: Enter personal details of the applicant. He/she needs to provide information pertaining to the state they are residing in, the head of the family, current residential address, and other such key details.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can be applied under two categories:
Under Other 3 Components – The Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Middle Income Groups (MIGs) and Lower Income Groups (LIGs) are considered as beneficiaries under the Housing for All by 2022 Scheme. For EWS, the annual income cap stands at Rs.3 lakh. In the case of LIG, the maximum annual income is between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh. For MIG, the cap for annual income is between Rs.6 lakh and Rs.18 lakh. CLSS component can be availed by the MIG and LIG categories. EWS, on the other hand, is eligible under all verticals for assistance.
Slum Dwellers – A slum is an area where 60 to 70 households or approximately 300 people stay in poorly built residences. The environment of these areas are unhygienic and they lack proper infrastructure, drinking water and sanitation facilities. These people can apply for the Housing for All by 2022 Scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Find: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits Under Other 3 Components Online:
As mentioned in the previous section, an applicant needs to provide their personal information to apply for the scheme. The steps are as follows:
Log on to the official Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana at pmaymis.gov.in
- PMAY Login Screen
- Choose the ‘Benefits under the other 3 components’ option by clicking the ‘Citizen Assessment’ dropdown.
How to Apply PMAY Online
Full details : Click here
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click submit. (The site will verify whether the Aadhaar details provided is correct).
- Submit Aadhaar Number in PMAY Online
- If the information provided is correct, you will be lead to the next page where you will have to provide all the pertinent information regarding your name, income, no. of family members, residential address, contact number, age of the head of the family, religion, caste and the like.
- Fill PMAY Application Form Online
- Once all the information is provided, scroll down, type the captcha code in the box and click submit.
- Submit Captcha Code In PMAY Form Online
- And thus, end the PMAY online application process. In case you make a mistake which typing out the information, you can edit the form with the help of your Application and Aadhaar number.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
How to apply for this PMAY Scheme?
Beneficiaries can apply for PMAY through the following:
Individuals can visit the official website of the scheme to apply online. They need to have a valid Aadhaar Card to apply.
Beneficiaries can apply for the scheme offline by filling up a form available through Common Service Centre (CSC). Price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
How to check your name in PMAY 2019 Beneficiary List?
Those eligible for the scheme can check their name in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list by following these few steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click “Search Beneficiary”.
Step 3: Enter the Aadhaar number.
Step 4: Click “Show”.