Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card: We know Aadhaar card is one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographics as well as the biometric data of the cardholder. However, there may be situations where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhaar. There are two ways to update Aadhaar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Read more to find out how to change the photo in Aadhar card.
UIDAI has made it simpler for people to get their Aadar card updated or corrected both online and offline. Here are mentioned brief processes of Aadhar card update or correction through which people can easily get their e Aadhaar card details updated and corrected. Follow the given steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id on the Aadhaar card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
Aadhar Card Details Online:
- Fill the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- You need to pay a charge of Rs. 25 for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Aadhaar Card mobile number change or update can also be done at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, Axis Bank Aadhaar update allows you to make changes in your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
What information can be changed in Aadhaar card?
- Person’s name
- Father’s name
- Generate mobile number
- birth date
- Gender (Male/Female)
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
- Update Aadhaar Details By Visiting Permanent Enrolment centre
- How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof
- How to Update Address in Aadhaar Card
- Steps to Update Name in Aadhaar Card
- How to Update Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- How to Change the DoB in Aadhaar Card
- Why does the request for Aadhar Card updation /correction get rejected?
Update Aadhar Card : Required Document List
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Ration card
- Disability Identification Card
- Electricity bill of last three months
- Address Card by Post Department
UIDAI Official Website : Click Here
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card. In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction
Step 1. Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”
Step 2. If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
Step 3. In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a TOTP”
Step 4. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
Step 5. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
Step 6. Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option
Step 7. Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview”
Step 8. In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button
Step 9. Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
Step 10. Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated
You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to check the status of the Aadhaar address update. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.